Sunday, 2 September 2012

passion for fashion


CASUAL - coat (river island), top (topshop), leggings (new look), bag (cambridge satchel), shoes (topshop),
casio (ebay) = £194.48

I chose a clearance satchel bag to keep costs down, but I think a bit of messy stitching would add to its character. I had to include the firm festival favourite of the 'khaki green canvas, biker-style jacket with leather sleeves'. I love it! It is one of those rare pieces that goes with everything, affordable and can be worn in any season.


FIRST DATE - blazer (topshop), top (topshop), trousers (topshop), shoes (new look), clutch (asos), casio (ebay) = £195.48

I'd like to think this a 'ready' date outfit in the evening. If you've got no idea where he's taking you, a meal or cocktail bar, it's ready for both, you can always swap the heels last minute to go for comfort! All you need to add is a bit of lippy and a dab of smelly. I adore the trousers!  You can also wear them with brogues for work, sandals in the park, and court shoes for afternoon tea with your nan. Perfect for all seasons. Bargain.































OFFICE - shirt (topshop), blazer (topshop), trousers (zara), shoes (new look), casio (ebay) = £157.48

Chiffon and lace shirt + high heels = executive glam rock. I love the shirt! It gives a nice feminine touch, and could be dressed up or down.


OUTDOORS - casio (ebay), tee (etsy), leggings (topshop), hunters (amazon), bag (cambridge satchel) = £158.18

The problem with 'crazzzyyy' leggings is that they can make you look like you are trying to be 'crazzzzyyy'. The look should actually be as nonchalant as possible - a bit like Kate Moss' just-got-out-of-bed hair that is clearly very considered. This is where a simple tee and wellies come in handy. Geronimo. I'd wear this taking my dog for a walk along the shingly beach and stopping off on the way back for some sherbet lemons at the corner shop.


PARTY - top (topshop), shoes (zara), clutch (asos), skirt (zara) = £177.98

Really debated over this skirt. Wasn't sure if I should include something I wasn't on 100% on myself with you guys, it might just be one of those 'fun' things in your wardrobe that never sees the light of day. However, I went with it, I think it was the cost (£79.99) that put me off but hypothetically on this challenge I had £200 for each outfit. I like the clash of prints of the clutch and skirt, and textures of the velvet, chiffon and lace.


All the info here >> competition

Love to see your outfit ideas, so link yours in a comment, if you do one :)


1 comment:

  1. love the outfits! especially the second and third!!! :D

    <3 Sharmaine Ruth
    underpeachtrees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

hey.