Saturday, 30 March 2013

weekly favourites #3

High Hopes - Kodaline
Once again, Kodaline have made it into my top 5. This is a beautifully crafted sad song. It gradually builds up to a loud and emotionally charged finished, much like their previous hit 'All I Want'. The video stars Game of Thrones actor Liam Cunningham and it's a great representation of the song. Anybody else think at first in the video, he's her dad? No. Just me, then.


These Streets - Bastille
I'm pretty much in love with Bastille these days. I went to their gig in Notts a couple of weeks ago and it was too good. Aside from their main tracks, Pompeii, Flaws and Bad Blood, this is a great song.



A Real Hero - College and Electric Youth
I watched Drive for about the 100th time last night and had to put this song up from the soundtrack. Let's all shed a tear for Ryan Gosling's break from acting.

when ryan gosling announced he was taking a break from acting....

Bones - MS MR
For all my fellow Games of Thrones fans out there.
"there is a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in its hand"
It's essentially a song about blood-thirstiness. How often can a song truly represent a subject so obscenely and get away with it due to the sheer beauty of it?


The Boxer - Jerry Douglas (ft. Mumford & Sons and Paul Simon)
This song is about acceptance despite human frailty and shortcomings, whether by God, by a father, or by us all. When the song first starts, you're a bit like 'meh', then all the voices join in...



Tell me what you think! 

x

1 comment:

  1. Nope, I thought he was her dad too in the Kodaline vid. You're not alone!
    Great picks! Love your music taste.

    ReplyDelete

hey.